Wednesday, May 30, 2012

How to Remove Sticker Residue from Clothing After Washing

A few days ago I bought some new fabric and when I received the patterns, they had little stickers on them to mark the name of the patterns and yardage. I thought I had removed all of the stickers before throwing them in the washer since I know you can easily ruin fabric or clothing after washing/drying it with a sticker still left on.  And I was WRONG.  One pesky sticker still made its way through the washer and dryer and much to my dismay, one panel of brand new fabric had a yellowed sticky mess on it.  Grrrr!

I was bound and determined to find a solution...I wasn't going to let the brand new fabric sit ruined with a sticky mess on it.  I Googled and Googled...and all I could find were ways to remove sticker goo that had sooo many steps to it and so many products that I thought I'd ruin the fabric even more.  Then out of the blue one of my girlfriends gave me a suggestion I'm going to share with you all!

What you need to remove leftover sticky goo from stickers after washing/drying:
*The fabric or garment (make sure to read the directions on how to care for the fabric...if it's not meant to be ironed, you can't use this method)
*An iron
*Ironing board
*Paper towels



*My friend said the sticky actually came off on to the paper towel when she did this...but I actually had to pick at it to get it off.  Once the goo is hot, it peels off easily!*

Yay!

*One Click is One Vote*
Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote!
  post signature

1 comment:

Tess said...

You should pin this then link up with momminitup.com's Wednesday Pin for the Wednesdays! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...