Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Nursery Inspiration

Let me start off with this...I discovered this nursery design website and LOVE it:  Lay Baby Lay.  I have found lots of inspiration from their style boards and am really getting excited to start picking and choosing things that I like for our little girl's nursery.  Now, if you read the nursery post I did a week ago, you already know I like a more 'mature' style nursery.  There will be no themes in my nursery.  ;)  

These two style boards are my favorite from LayBabyLay.com:
Taken from www.laybabylay.com

I love this room due to the Tiffany blue color!  How much more classic can it get?

Taken from www.laybabylay.com
I think this room is antique chic!  Even with the dark colors, it all works and looks very posh!

Okay and the best thing about LayBabyLay.com is that they list where they found each item, so you can either buy the exact item or get the idea of how much it will cost.  They use a range of items from cheap to very expensive.  Ultimately, I think it's a great site to get ideas from.  Go visit them now if you haven't!  :)

6 comments:

Lea said...

Oh how I wish we had a room for the baby, it sounds like so much fun. I will have to settle for decorating around the changing table and bed:)
Is it normal for every new mom in the U.S. to have a nursery for their baby? I'm just curious:)

Modern Momma said...

Lea...I don't think every new mom in the U.S. has a nursery, I guess it really depends on your living situation and how much space you have. We just bought a house 2 months ago and have an empty room, so I figured I have to fill it with something. :) I'm putting a link in here for you that may help decorating in a smaller space: http://blogs.babble.com/family-style/2011/09/14/put-baby-in-the-closet-15-lovely-converted-closet-nurseries/?pid=5134#slideshow They have some neat ideas, not sure if any will help but just thought I'd share. ;)

Modern Momma said...

Oops, didn't know the link wouldn't be a link...I guess you'll have to copy and paste. :)

Lea said...

thanks!

Jen Dixon said...

Hi! I've been following your blog and vlogs for a couple of weeks now! I just did my first IVF cycle and am anxiously awaiting our pregnancy test next week... In the mean time, I saw this pillow on Etsy.com and thought of the "chickadee" nursery you posted. I hope you enjoy! http://www.etsy.com/listing/66821878/turquoise-bird-throw-pillow-case-black?ref=fp_treasury_8

Modern Momma said...

Jennifer - I'm sending lots of positive vibes your way!!! I hope that you get your BFP next week! You'll have to let me know! :) Also, can't thank you enough for the suggestion, I stayed awake way too long last night looking for 'chickadee' stuff on Etsy. I'm having a really hard time finding a dresser that will go with that look though :( I want something vintage so I might just have to make it myself! And I still can't decide for sure if I want to go with that theme or the jewel box room. Decisions....decisions!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...